Defending fraudulent illness claims for the travel industry.
Fraudulent Illness Claims
We have over 25 years’ experience of defending fraudulent claims, including those alleging illness/food poisoning and secondary conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and depression.
We provide tailored advice on responding to fraudulent claims and direction on strategy throughout. We expose claims that are fundamentally dishonest and pursue recovery of costs on behalf of our industry clients.
Our wide experience includes defending individual and group illness claims against tour operators, cruise lines, destination management companies and hotels.
Our service includes advice on:
- responding to fraudulent claims in correspondence
- collating incriminating evidence
- defending pre-action disclosure applications
- disclosure of documents
- instruction of experts
- responses on liability
- fundamental dishonesty
- costs liability and qualified one-way costs shifting
- exposure of unprofessional and dishonest claimant solicitors
- court proceeding against fraudulent claimants
For further advice, please contact: