Defending personal injury claims and making international recoveries against suppliers.
Defending Injury Claims
“…specialist travel litigation group…defends accident, injury and insurance recovery claims, delivering excellent results”
The Legal 500 UK
“This firm has captured a niche in the travel sector and is seen as an important part of the landscape”
Chambers UK A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession
We have a strong reputation and many years of experience in successfully defending all types of personal injury claims made against the travel industry ranging from slips/trips and illness claims to catastrophic injuries and fatalities.
We have long experience of defending fraudulent claims, including those alleging illness/food poisoning and secondary conditions such as kidney failure, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue and depression. We expose claims that are fundamentally dishonest and pursue recovery of costs on behalf of our industry clients.
We act for insurance companies in this specialist field and their insureds who include tour operators, cruise lines, online travel agents, accommodation only and villa specialists, destination management companies and hotels.
We also act for travel companies that find themselves uninsured for whatever reason, including where there has been a failure or delay in notification of a claim.
A core element of our expertise is making recovery of our clients’ outlay against suppliers in jurisdictions all over the world.
Our wide experience includes cases dealing with the following:
- swimming pool neck fractures
- drowning and near drowning
- transport accidents involving multiple casualities including fatalities
- assault and sexual assault by hotel staff and other suppliers
- fatalities overseas, including advice on liaising with foreign officials and coroners’ inquests
- water sport related accidents, including water-skiing and swimming pool slides
- skiing and snow sport accidents
- individual and group illness claims including:
- fraudulent claims
- noro virus
- food poisoning
- specialist causation advice on complex illness and disease:
- kidney failure
- irritable bowel syndrome
- chronic fatigue
- diabetic complications
We also handle claims under the relevant pre-action protocols and provide advice on:
- responding to fraudulent claims in correspondence
- pre-action disclosure applications
- disclosure of evidence
- instruction of experts
- responses on liability
- costs liability
- advice on commercial offers of settlement
For further advice, please contact: