We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure below. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

mb LAW complaints procedure

As part of our overriding commitment to providing you with the best possible service and maintaining the highest professional standards, we have the following complaints procedure.

If you feel that we have failed to meet our own standards or your expectations of us, please let us know as soon as possible. Please raise any complaint in the first instance with the person dealing with your instructions providing you feel able to do so.

If you are not satisfied with the response of the person concerned or wish to complain at the outset to someone else, please bring your complaint to the attention of Ian Hopkinson, providing all relevant details. Ian can be contacted on our usual telephone number 0113 2424444, by post at our usual address or by e-mail to Ian will investigate your complaint and respond to you as quickly as possible. If your complaint relates to Ian, please contact Claire Ingleby instead using the above telephone number or postal address or by e-mail to

If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you may be able to refer it to the Legal Ombudsman, although most businesses (other than micro enterprises) are not eligible to use this service. If you wish to challenge, or complain about the bill, you have the right to apply for an assessment of this under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. If all or part of the bill remains unpaid, we may be entitled to charge interest.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

• Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
• No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
• No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details

Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

mb LAW
Studio 3, The Quays,
Concordia Street,
Leeds LS1 4ES

Practice areas